The Font – A Literary Journal for Language Teachers
The Font welcomes submissions of high quality short stories, articles, essays, anecdotes, poems, cartoons and other forms of creative writing or visual art which provide insight, reflection, humour, and inspiration on the theme of language teaching or learning, particularly abroad. In other words, the theme must be in some way related to language teaching or learning or of interest to those connected to this profession.
Submissions may be sent to email@example.com and should:
1. be original
2. be less than 5,000 words in length. (Poetry submissions should have no more than 3 poems. Please include all poems in one document)
3. have a title, the author’s name, affiliation, contact details, and word count at the top of the first page (These details don’t necessarily appear in the journal.)
4. have any subheadings in bold font, no paragraph indentation, and *** between sections if applicable
5. have any original photos or artwork attached as a separate file
6. be in English and sent by email
Submissions are reviewed by members of The Font’s Editorial Committee and selected on relevance, and literary merit. Submissions may either be accepted or rejected as they are, or editors may make suggestions and ask authors to rewrite and resubmit.
We strive to provide several readers for each manuscript in order to offer maximum exposure, but this takes time. We respectfully ask for your patience and forbearance in this matter. If you have not heard from us within three months, feel free to inquire about your manuscript.
Writers retain copyright.
We will consider simultaneous submissions, but request that you inform us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. We will also consider work that has been previously published, as long as authors have permission from the original publisher to re-print the submission in The Font.
Next Deadline: March 1st, 2017
Publishing: April, 2017
Send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org